|North side of Morse, looking Northwest.|
East of the alley is a brand new condo building built by the development arm of the Pritzker family. This 5-story building replaced a much smaller one and probably maxed out the zoning envelope for the site. This was built after the renovation of the adjacent Mayne Stage and reflects some of the design characteristics of that older building.
The most notable change on this portion of Morse is the elaborate restoration and reconstruction of the 1913 brick and terracotta Morse Theater into the Mayne Stage music venue. Originally this building functioned as a 750 seat nickelodeon, but it's had a long and varied history, including a stint as a synagogue and an indoor mall. In 2009 the building was gutted and rebuilt, with a new, sunken performance space in back and a bar in the front. It's brought back some of the earlier charm of the street.
And of course, on the far right you can see J.B. Alberto's, which has served pizza on the North Side for over 45 years. Not sure if they've been using this building for that long, but it's been unpleasantly mansardized from its original 1930 appearance.