|1615 W. Morse, Former Temple Mizpah|
The building was designed by the firm of
To the east of the building is a large parking lot which had been intended to accommodate the main portion of the synagogue. For some reason only the community house was constructed. Perhaps they intended to build it in phases but ran out of funding. An illustration from 1922 shows how splendid it could have been. The structure on the far right is the only one which was built. This does explain the odd termination on the east end of the facade.
|Accessed through Google Books|