|1762 and 1766 W. Morse|
After annexation of Rogers Park to Chicago in 1893 there was almost immediately an economic depression connected to the Panic of 1893. The country didn't begin recover until 1897, at which time a 10 year period of growth occurred. These frame houses were built around 1905, in the middle of this boom period. This was cut short by the Panic of 1907. The next building boom wasn't until after WWI, and it lead to greater urbanization and denser development in the neighborhood.
Parking lots now bracket these buildings on the east and west, but originally the block consisted of modest single family homes with an easy downtown commute. The Dutch Colonial-style building on the west retains many of its features, while the home on the east has enclosed the front porch and looks to be divided into several units.