|North side of Morse, East of Ashland|
The seven story apartment building in the center has a steel-reinforced concrete frame and was constructed in 1927. The front facade is clad with face brick and terracotta. The Classical Revival ornament includes arches and fan lights at the top floor. Most of the east wall of the building is set back from the property line to allow for light and ventilation to the rear units. This was (and remains) a code required element for tall residential buildings.
The 1-story terracotta building on the right was built in 1941. If this date is correct it must have found funding and materials just before wartime restrictions went into effect. Its 1-story height is at odds with the older development on the street, which typically had apartments or offices on the floors above. This building has retained much of its streamlined art deco ornament, with a combination of cream, black and light turquoise bands of terracotta tile.