Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Fish Keg, 2233 W.Howard

Here's a sign that I actually remember from my childhood visits to Chicago.  I can't help but wonder, when did fish served from a keg invoke a feeling of fresh deliciousness?  But this place is always busy, so they must be doing something right.  The building was built in 1953, and I suspect the sign didn't come too much later.  Could this business have been there for 50 years under the same name?  Worth checking out...

Angela leaves for North Carolina tonight.  It'll just be me and Felix until Saturday.  I found the perfect $2.99 DVD for us at Walgreens- "The Big Plane Show!"  There was also one that featured different kinds of explosions, but I didn't want to go too crazy.

4 comments:

  1. I can testify that the Fish Keg was in that location as far back as the early 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't count how many times I've wanted to walk in here but didn't. This summer, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry,
    You should walk into the Fish Keg, it's a real education. You can get fried fish there on the spot, or fresh to take home. There's salads and pie, and breaded fish ready to cook when you get home. Most interesting to me is the small grocery section of everything you would ever want to use to cook your fish, with selections of spices and rubs from every local cuisine in the U.S. scrunched into one store. You will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Candace. it's definitely on my list for summer!

    ReplyDelete